Humanitarian pause ‘did not benefit’ Gaza’s health system: Health Ministry
The humanitarian pause that had been in effect in the Gaza Strip for the past week “did not benefit the health system” the Health Ministry in the Palestinian enclave said on Friday.
“Israel is committing new massacres in the Gaza Strip right after the humanitarian pause ended,” ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said in a statement.
“Israeli massacres have left many killed and injured,” he stressed, adding that all hospitals in the Gaza Strip required a steady flow of medical supplies and fuel.
The pause between Israel and Hamas, which went into effect on Nov. 24, ended on Friday morning.
Heavy gunfire and Israeli artillery shelling in the eastern Gaza Strip resumed as the humanitarian pause ended, according to an Anadolu correspondent on the ground.
Clashes between Israeli forces and Palestinian factions are also underway in the northern and central Gaza Strip, the correspondent also reported.